|Silk and Medical Crate Artwork|
- Navigator: Moving into or out of Port can be ignored once per Sailing Phase.
- Noble: Starts the game with 12 Coin.
- Raider: In combat, Sail Damage counts as “Destroyed” when attacking pirates.
- Merchant: Gain +1 Coin on every sale.
- Shipwritght: May repair up to 1 Damage Card in between each port visit.
I plan to have about 10 Captains for the final list, but might go as high as 12 or 14 depending on printing limits. The print sheets may have enough room that it will cost me nothing to print more cards.
On a different topic. I make a comment on another game design blog about changing the theme of my game and how hard it would be, then I did my post about Mechanics verses Theme. I was toying with the idea of changing my game to be set in a Steampunk setting. Then I found this game, Kings of Air and Steam, funded though Kickstarter. Its a Steampunk, merchant trading game! There goes that idea. I guess Ill stick with my historical 1800's Far East Merchant Trading game.
Then I found this image by the artists Raybender, and swung back the other way all over again.
OK, thats enough"stream of consciousness" designing...I just thought the image was so cool that I had to share.