Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Old Dog, New Tricks....

It doesn't happen often so don't get use to it, but sometimes I do like to learn something new.  This time around it's making, editing, and uploading videos to YouTube.  Thats right, my first video and I am such a big nerd that it is the Open Box reveal of Taipan!  Sorry for the inconsistent video quality and random flares of over-saturated light.....did I mention this was my first go?

In about 4 hours I filmed it, learned how to use iMovie to edit it, did said editing and then added the fades (the parts where it fades to black).  After that I learned how to upload to YouTube, and finished it off by posting it here. All in all, not a bad nights work.



My only complaint with opening the box and seeing the parts was the Micro Cards.  The Micro Cards turned out to be much smaller than I was expecting.  This doesn't really affect the Coin Cards, but the Cargo Cards are near impossible to shuffle, so I will have to order a set of the regular Poker Card sized deck of the Cargo Cards.  Also, the Coin Cards I left the Coin to small on the card, so its hard to tell the difference between the gold and brass coins.

The only other issue I have found is that everything printed a little bit darker than I was anticipating. That doesn't affect the game any, so it's more of an observation than a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment