Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

A new play test this weekend...

We are in a bit of a crunch at work so I have been working late hours this week.  This has resulted in not having as much time to work on the changes that I am making.  Thankfully I am almost done modifying the cards and should have the game back to a playable state tonight.


The hard thing about iteration is that it means your game is often not playable from one day to the next.  I don't know about other designers but for me it is in these unplayable states that I loose interest in the project.  I start to see how much work is involved in getting the game back together and become disheartened.  It becomes far to easy to play a video game or watch TV.  You put off a little work until later, and then its suddenly too late.  I have always fallen into the trap of "I have time, I can just do it tomorrow".


I think that writing this Blog has helped me stay focused, and that was really the whole point of writing this.  I feel that without it, I would have not got much done this week, or I should say even less then I did because of work and various distractions. *cough* Batman: Arkham City *cough* And now, with my game almost playable again, I have a renewed sense of energy and drive so I am confident that I will be ready to do some heavy testing this weekend.  I cant wait!


"Action is the antidote to despair".
--Joan Baez




No comments:

Post a Comment